Saturday, August 13, 2011

An Upgrade for the Sofa

Not technically the next cushion cover I made, but that one technically isn't a patchwork (So im gonna leave it out for now)



These two came about from my mum mentioning that she needed new cushion covers for two of the cushions on the sofa. Since her birthday was coming up, I decided i'd be the most awesome daughter in the world and make her some :P

So off I went to the nearest fabric store (which by the way I can happily spend ages in just looking and deciding which fabric would be deemed worthy of coming back home with me! Normally I end up with at least 2 that I have no clue what I'll use them for but are so pretty that I cant NOT buy them!!)

Anyhoo back to the story; I had a couple of ideas as to what colours I needed so just went with my ideas... I came back with all 3 of the fabrics seen in the picture, with way too much of each. I do however justify this to myself by saying 'Well whatever I don't use for the cushion covers is mine :D' – this excuse works surprisingly well :D

So yes, these two cushions, now 2 years old if I remember correctly, were born within one day – they really were too simple for me! I will also say that they were appreciated and liked :) My cushion cover making continues!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment