Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I honestly cant remember!

This next cushion:



Well as the title says I really cant remember much about making it. Well, other than I did (obviously) and having trouble deciding on which fabrics to use. The pink and the splotchy ones were both birthday presents. (They both came with another, a nice royal purple colour, which i'd been wanting for ages. This purple has since been used in another design that will appear on here in a couple of days time !!)

Anyway, apparently, the shop that they were bought from was lovely and had so many different fabrics. Sadly I didn't get to visit it! I was offered the choice of either being able to choose my present or having a surprise, so I chose surprise! Now I wish I'd been able to go to the shop, but its over in Germany so I don't really get a chance that often :(

Anyway, another present I'd had was a book on patchwork blocks and this design came from one of those blocks. Stemming from my overwhelming success with triangles, as mentioned in I was bored ok?, I felt confident enough to keep working in triangles. Plus it mixes up the designs so im not just sat sewing square after square together.

But yes. I do believe that this turned out quite well :) Thankfully I also had a cushion inner to go in it already so its not just sat around waiting!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Louise! Just wanted to welcome you to Quilting Gallery blog-land!

    I hope you enjoy your blog as much as I do, although I've been a bit quiet of late... I'll be getting emails wondering where I am!

    Like you, I have family members who just look at me with THAT look "oh, goodie, another quilt!!" but hey! it's what I do:-) Fortunately, one of my niece's is expecting her first baby next February, so at last I have a new subject to shower with quilts and dolls and goodness knows what!

    I look forward to seeing what you make next.......

    ReplyDelete