Monday, August 8, 2011

My Humble Beginnings!

I said i'd start with my oldest patchwork and here it is:



I know, its not much but it was made when I was 9 (11 years ago) on my holiday to visit my Grossmutter in Germany. Admittedly I didn't make it by myself and I had some help... but hey, I still have it to this day and I can remember both myself and my friend who had come with me getting excited by choosing the different fabrics! (All of them on this cushion are some sort of velvet/soft fabrics) 
Since my Grossmutter also makes patchworks, we have a number lying around the house here and im nowhere close to anything like she does! One day i'll catch up and id like to be able to send her one of mine :)

Another note: You may note the zip in this one... I have not once used a zip since... I think im slightly intimidated by them... plus i've found another way to close them which works perfectly fine for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment