Thursday, August 18, 2011

I was Bored ok??

Next one:



This one occurred because I was bored... and felt like doing something. So I decided to try my hand at patch-working with triangles. This was the first time I had done so, but I kept telling myself it couldn't be too much harder than squares, after all, when you sew two triangles together you get a square!! (Aaaaand I was back in my comfort zone!) 

So yes, this was the result of a boring (I would say rainy but then I may be lying and its rude to lie!) afternoon. Turned out ok I think. It is a bit smaller than most others, and because of this I found it hard to actually find a cushion to fit inside. You see thats my main problem. I make the cover without thinking about the filling :P

Anyway, I particularly like this one because the white fabric, although you're not able to see on the picture above, is covered in hieroglyphics, and to those of you who know me... well you'll know that I'm absolutely mental about Ancient Egypt.



Imagine this one but white with white printed hieroglyphics. Although now ive found this one i really want it :|
I think this fabric was the second I found with some sort of Egyptian pattern on, the first was the cushion I mentioned in Upgrade for Sofa that I didn't show cause it wasn't technically a patchwork. Again, I'll show at a later time! But anyway, I have now amassed a good number of Egyptianny fabrics with absolutely no clue as to what to do with most of them... so they're just sitting in my box till I have a brainwave :) I really should learn to not buy them... but they just call out to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment