Friday, August 26, 2011

Another Present for Someone Else!?

All I seem to do is make cushion covers for other people! (HAHA, Joke!!)



This one, again a present for my mum for her birthday, because yes, another cushion on the sofa needed a new cover. And I stepped in.
Now... I have clearly mastered the whole Square cushions and square/triangle patches, but here I was using rectangles. And this required me to sew in straight lines for a longer amount of time :P No matter how many patchworks I do, I still worry that its not going to go right. At least that makes me more careful I suppose.

Anyhoooo. Again, this cover required me to go off on a hunt for fabric. Although the red cushions in An Upgrade for the Sofa went down well, the colours didn't quite match that of the living room. (not that there is much of a colour scheme, I just like to let my mum think there is) So yes. I went on a long, looonng hunt. I just couldnt find the right colours. I found one, but then the shop had HIDDEN (hidden!) the creamy light colour. How very silly of them. The darker brown I only decided on at the last second. My mum does like nature and such, hence my decision of the leaves, but I was going to go with a fabric with gold swirls on:



So yes, thankfully I made the right decision, got to keep the rest of the fabric that I didn't use (naturally) and also had a quick look in the fat quarters bins for something for me! I'll show you in another post pretty soon cause I have funky ideas I wanna show you!!!

Getting home and making... well, I easily worked out the dimensions and measurements for each piece of fabric, cut them out for one side, lay them out to see what it'd look like, and decided it didn't quite look right (The side with more cream than brown) So I swapped the colours around for the second side and thankfully it looked much better.

So yes... I ended up with a pretty cushion cover, again substituted for me having to buy a 'real' present :P

No comments:

Post a Comment