Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A beautiful Christmas Stocking

This stocking was made as a commission for a woman who found me through Facebook. She asked for a personalised Christmas stocking for her daughter's first Christmas. All she asked for was that it was girly but festive! And this is what I came up with:


The choosing of the fabric was fun but difficult. We knew that it had to be pink - One plain, one sparkly and one Christmas fabric. Eventually, we found the holly fabric, that fit with the pink stary and then we went for the bright pink to match them together. A good choice if I do say so myself.

The back is identical to the front apart from the writing. I decided to hand sew the words as it looked better than trying to do it on the machine. It's padded and lined with a light pink cotton fabric to tie in with the outside. It turned out great in the end and I'm so proud of it!


I'm glad to say that the client loved it too (and hopefully her daughter will come December 25th). I'm so happy that it turned out so well and hopefully, some more people will want one once they see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment