Saturday, October 12, 2013

Free embroidery anyone?

I had a fun day the other day when I attempted to do free embroidery for a project. I had seen this idea in a book of christmas sewing ideas.
What i had to do was sew down small rectangles of fabric to create a stained glass effect. The patches would be sewn down to a backing fabric using free stitching. It was very fun and quite easy, but the whole piece did not end up as I wanted, sadly. Here is what I made:


And this, below, is how the piece looks as it may with a stained glass window shape. I wanted something a bit more fancy, but I decided to try only with a circle first.


Next time, I'll use different colours, perhaps more christmassy, to make it look a bit better! We bought more thread today ready to PLAY! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment