Monday, October 21, 2013

Follow the star

My friends, I present the Somerset Star!


Now, this piece came about as a result of me trying to find a quick and simple patchwork Christmas card design. I found a tutorial for this, and had a go. My first piece was actually the one below, but after talking with a neighbour, I found a frame to put it in, made a circular hole in mountboard and made a mount. It looks pretty damn cool if you ask me. Plus, I'm going to make many more for a reason that I shall share soon!

They are made by folding fabric rectangles to form a point, and then placing them in a certain design while sewing them down. Its slightly long winded but I think they look really pretty! And you can do so many different colour combinations!


I do need to use a smaller frame and mount though, but that's easy enough to change! What do you think of these pieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment