Monday, September 17, 2012

And here is the culmination of my degree!


Its not actually the culmination... I'd just like to point that out, but it does fit rather nicely with said degree (Architecture for those who are wondering!)
I had no idea what the finished product would be and it seems to have turned into a wall hanging. Personally I find it really cute, but a couple of things kept going wrong.

First, I found that although the fabrics I used for the houses did work, It might have looked better with brick coloured fabrics such as browns/golds etc...
Upon looking back at the book that I found this idea in, this IS what they had done. (I really need to pay more attention to it huh!?)



I suppose that'll teach me that I think I can do everything when in fact I have never done it before in my life!
The binding edge, an idea I have wanted to try for a while - went slightly wrong, but i'm going to blame that on the design and the fabric. At least I know what to do next time! - Its all a process of learning.



Yes, the houses are on a hill (it was most DEFINITELY planned that way - after all, all terraced houses are on hills aren't they!?)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment