Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm Baaaaaaaccckkk

Well hello everyone! Looks like I'm back from my holiday (trust me I didnt want to come back but there were all these things getting in the way of me staying. Things like Uni and family!! How inconsiderate??) But yes. I had an amazing time, got a couple of ideas for some cushions, maybe even a quilt if I can be bothered, but that'd have to wait till next summer!

Thanks to Helen for the Pyramid shaped cushion idea. If you can actually believe me, that particular idea didnt occur to me at all! I'd toyed with the idea of the 3 Giza pyramids on a square cushion, but got no further than that! The main idea that I have in my head at the minute is recreating something like this:



This is called a pylon; the entrance way to the temples, most of which are decorated with scenes showing the kings triumph or worship of the gods. The obelisk (im sure you all know what one of those are) well that would be easy to do as well.... a long, thin rectangle with a triangle on the top! I'll put up my design once i've actually got it down on paper. At the minute its all still in my head, floating round with all the other un-useful bits of information!

Sorry that there's no actual cushion cover here at the moment. I really should finish this one before I go to uni. I've already put it off for about 9 months!!! OOOOOPPSSSS :P

No comments:

Post a Comment