Thursday, December 26, 2013

Leaf block quilt for Christmas

Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope you all had a splendid day. I know I did.

Now, I alluded in my last post that I had made more than one Christmas present for my friends and family and that is indeed true!

Now, every year my Grossmutter has made me something - a handbag, a sewing set holder. So this year, it was time that I made her something in return. And so we came up with the idea of a lap quilt for her to use of an evening. Now, if I do say so myself, the final piece looks sooo pretty. As per usual, I made a mock up of the design on the computer before I started so that I knew what I was making, but as usual, something changed! 

So, this is the original design:


Sorry about the small nature of the picture, but you can get the general gist can't you. I had found a block that would make a leaf shape. And I wanted to make 16 of these to make the front of the quilt. Cute, relatively easy and makes a really pretty design. In fact, the actual block is basically the same as that from the Bear Paws.

This, however, is the final piece:

Gorgeous isn't it?

I originally planned to make it in a month, but it was so much easier than I thought. It was only buying the fabric and the border that took so long!

Anyway, I liked making the leaves, and I think my piecing is some of the best I've done. Maybe someone else would like me to make them something with leaves. I honestly wouldn't say no! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment