Sunday, December 22, 2013

Homemade Christmas Presents

Well, I don't know about everyone else but I really love giving handmade presents for Christmas and birthdays instead of buying something from a shop. And that is what I did for one of my good friends this year!

If any of you remember the cushions that I made with geckos on (Gecko 2 and Geckos are awesome!), well this piece originated from my inability to choose the colours for those properly! The centre gecko here (black and white fabric) has been cut out for nearly 10 months! I originally cut him (her?) out just in case I didn't like the final piece of the cushion!

But, my friend mentioned at the time that she really liked the black and white gecko! So, what better to do than make her a lovely small wall hanging with said black and white gecko!

The problem I had, however, was finding some more black and white fabric to match - it was IMPOSSIBLE! So I had to settle for a patterned grey. Which, to be honest, looks quite good anyway.
Here is the final piece:

The actual piece has a white border around it (see picture below) to make all the colours fit together that little bit better and I sewed some small hoops onto the back so that my friend could put string through and hang it! All in all, although I was rushing to finish it before I met up with her, it still worked out perfectly!



Once again - I think this is one happy 'customer' don't you? 
Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment