Tuesday, October 9, 2012

We all need some space!


...the title says it all! We all need some space - in this case, I'm talking (of course) about my awesome space fabric that I mentioned before in THIS POST









So this is what I have so far - I wanted to do a piece where I 'framed' some fabric, didn't necessarily have to be one with pictures, could have been just random patterns, BUT I got lucky when I had extra of this fabric left after making myself a cushion cover!

The main problem I had here was making sure that I could easily sew them together - as such, I had to make sure that they were in rows so I could sew another fabric in between each, and then sew the rows together to form one large 'thing'. This meant there were a lot of random calculations as to the different sizes of frame! Each piece is individual after all.



This is basically a plan of the layouts:
Green = Earth
Yellow = Saturn
Bright Red = Jupiter
Dark Red = Mars
Peach = Venus

Im not entirely sure what I want it to be, maybe it could be made into something for a child? If I ever get to start selling my pieces perhaps this would be of interest... I really don't know!

So this is my Space Quilt - or Planet Quilt.

Don't forget to check out my facebook page - just search for Louise's Patchwork Patch!


No comments:

Post a Comment