Friday, December 28, 2012

Inspiration is everywhere!


Well hello my lovely people! I bring you good wishes for the New Year!
I also bring you really cool patchwork ideas!

Now, my Dad is a bit bonkers. He likes learning new stuff and will happily chat to a squirrel about its day given half a chance. However, due to this, I ended up round a lovely womans house today chatting and learning about quilting! It was fabulous! There were so many new things I'd never even thought of doing, yet are so very simple that almost anyone could do them!
One thing stuck in my mind (apart from creating patchwork geckos - keep checking the blog, they'll turn up on here sooner or later) - and that was a quilter named Gail Lawther and her style of patchwork. Here are a couple:













I absolutely love them! They're in the style of stained glass!
So simple, yet so effective! And the artist even sells the kits on her website:
http://www.gaillawther.co.uk/home.asp

I'm definitely going to be having a go at this! How about you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment